To Apply for the approved Peer Recovery Supporter Supervisory Training, you must do the following:
- Complete E-Based Academy courses (see below)
- Complete the 4-hour, in-person Peer Recovery Supervisory training (see below)
- Place copies of the E-Based Academy course certificates and the Supervisory Training certificate of attendance in your agency's Human Resources personnel file.
An essential component to the incorporation of Peer Recovery Supporters in any organization is regular supervision. In order to be certified, organizations must employ Certified Peer Recovery Supporters. In making the decision to assign a supervisor Peer Recovery Supporters, take the following variables into account. The potential supervisor should:
- have a thorough understanding of and believe in recovery,
- believe sharing lived experience is helpful,
- be available for regular supervision, and
- supervise no more than five Certified Peer Recovery Supporters.